“There’s an application for that!” many people have heard this common phrase. For every need, this is exactly what is said by our friend or known. In general people also search their requirement directly on the app store and select an application which is seen popular and has good rating.
With progress in technology and high-speed internet, we have understood that to reinvent a business it is necessary to opt for digital medium. Growth and success is directly in proportion with the online presence, whether business is of any type. Better the online presence or digital marketing, better is the sales graph.
Study says that mobile devices dominate the total time spent by a user online and they offer a host of Applications on them, serving every possible business. Above this, on Mobile, major role is played by Mobile Applications. It has been researched that Mobile Application been the top tenet of digitalisation is extremely helpful in achieving the business goals and has also changed the customer behaviour and their expectations accordingly.
Mobile Applications are getting more attention due to Social media presence. Promotion of an application on Social media is common with a call to action tab of “Install now”. Some popular social media platforms are Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.
Mobile and Mobile Applications Use
These days almost all use Mobile devices for their day to day workings, it is affordable and easy to carry anywhere, unlike having a Laptop or a Desktop. Now everything is possible on a Mobile device. Imagining life without a Mobile, especially for young generation is difficult.
Below are some of the benefits of a Mobile Application to the business owner:
- Marketing Tool: It works as a Marketing Tool and helps in going ahead of competitors. It provides a user information about new product or service launch, offers, deals and discounts, newsfeed, etc.
- Loyal Customer: As organisations can directly interact with their application users, which helps in cultivating loyal customers and also database of customers.
- Better Customer Service: Giving attention to all the customers through emails, SMSs or pushes notifications, etc.
- Brand presence: As a user finds brand’s logo and name everywhere on the Application, with this it can be said that it helps in increasing brand presence by showing its name on all the pages.
- One Stop Interaction platform: Mobile Application becomes one stop interaction platform with customers, which is beneficial for business and its customers, both.
- Improves Efficiency: With in-built scheduling software or in-app marketing, helps in improving productivity and this eventually helps in increase of overall sales.
Below are some of the benefits of a Mobile Application for User:
- Saves time: Mobile phones are unlocked in few seconds and user can get started with his job immediately.
- Easy to use: Mobile Applications are so user friendly with change of language feature and mike, that even a layman can use it and avail the benefit.
- Accessible from Everywhere: Mobile devices are so small in size that they can be carried along and with internet availability, mobile applications can be accessed everywhere.
- Keeps Organised: It keeps user’s data at one place and which helps in organising things well.
- Instant Notification: For related stuff a customer gets the notification which reminds him/her and also share the details of the products like price or new launch, if any.
- Information on Finger Tips: Applications provide user all the information in few seconds and clicks.
- Getting Deals due to Competition: Customers are getting deals to continue with the existing brand because of prevailing competition.
Mobile Applications are so impactful, that now a user needs it for learnings and growth, to connect with knowns, shop online or browsing, or any other thing. Mobile Applications can be downloaded from Play store or App store which are further stored in the memory of a device.
How Mobile Applications Work?
Mobile Applications are developed by a suitable programming language to perform different tasks that a business requires. The program is a combination of Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things, explained bellow:
Using Artificial Intelligence (AI) for better customer experience is incomparable with adopting technology like Natural Language processing, Tongue generation, Speech recognition, Chat board, Biometrics, Machine Vision, etc. AI has made Mobile Applications intelligent and respond like a human only. It provides automated processes and with predictive-preventive analysis for customer delight.
Internet of Things (IOT) Applications refers to network interfacing and communication or exchanging information between physical objects, whether human to human or human to devices.
Mobile Applications are designed basis business objective. Further by building brand awareness campaigns, revenue is generated. AI and IOT sounds like a perfect combination for a great Mobile Application and for best business results.
Redefining Business Strategies and Culture
A user’s activities on internet can be easily tracked, which is very beneficial forthe business to understand the market scenario, customer’s need and designing strategies accordingly. Also it helps in changing corporate culture with better planning and team work.
Strategies for Marketing Mobile Application
Organisations are adopting strategies for marketing of their Mobile Application. This is done majorly for Traffic generation, Promotion of products or services, Maximum market share and increase in revenue.
There are three major strategies adopted for business growth which are elaborated below:
For healthy traffic on the Mobile application it is important to have content rich with keywords. Keywords are searched by the searcher on App Store, Google Play Store, Google Search, YouTube Search and other Search Engine platforms.
List of keywords is made and relevant words are selected and made a part of the Title, Description, Content, Tags, Headings, etc. They can also be made a part of Blogs, Articles,Infographics, etc. These Keywords are also found by typing the main word of your business page on the search bar and then related search or Keyword phrases are shown or suggested automatically. Higher the availability of relevant Keywords will be on the Mobile Application, higher will be the chances of increase in traffic.
This type of strategy helps in generating traffic by sharing with knowns or offering commission for referring it further in general. To attract more people organisation can also give advantage to those who will contact early.
For the promotion organisations also go for collaboration with similar brands or popular brands and market their product on their page or channel.
Paid promotion is used to acquire new customers and retain existing ones. It is successful is generating Traffic, which further ends on Sale. Here important factor is of Return on Investment, which a marketer expects in the form of business revenue for the expenditure he/she has made in advertising and also for the time which an organisation has given for making an advertisement.
The success of an advertisement depends on the selected target audience and basis analysis necessary changes to be made in future advertisements. Advertisements are also made with different goals, like Brand awareness, Traffic on Application (download), Leads generation, etc.
#4 Influencer Marketing:
As the name says, it is doing marketing of your Mobile Application through Influencer. Influencer could be any famous personality or site, related to the organisation’s industry, and who promotes or endorses your brand. Like for example, if I run a food business, then probably I will look for influencers in the same subject or related, that is, could be a Fitness expert or Foodie, etc.
Influencer is the one who influences lot of people, they have good amount of following on social media. Their each post is seen by their followers and recommendations are impactful. We can also say that the followers are the one who are a part of organisation’s targeted audience.
It is said that half of the audience on social media is effected by influencers and this type of marketing gives promising results. Sometimes Influencer marketing is paid, while most of the time the influencer is satisfied by the sample product sent to them for the promotion.
#5 Video Marketing:
As per the statistics of 2020, it is said that more than 80% of the people are getting influenced by videos. People find them interesting and attractive in understanding the business. Videos are so impactful that if customer’s need is addressed in it, then it will surely bring traffic or business.
Mobile Applications are marketed by description videos, Demo videos and promotional videos. These videos shows the features of the application, how it works, about brand, etc.
Marketing application through media is a paid technique and also influences huge public. To approach media, find a journalist who writes about your industry and find related articles or publications of that journalist, where you want to feature your brand.
Analysis of Market Scenario
There are various available Analytical tools for the same, for example Google Analytics, Firebase, App Dynamics, etc. which provides a real time data.
Following are six steps to be followed by a digitally active business to analyse the traffic and their target audiences:
- Collecting data: Which can be easily extracted from the available tools. The data includes, Keywords search, Activities he/she did after visit, Frequency of visits, the Time spend by a user on site, etc.
- Processing data: Collected data is processed to Analyse for business improvement. For example if user is visiting a particular page and then don’t stay on it for long, then it can be understood that there is some issue in the same. Reason could be page speed, irrelevant data, etc.
- Finding Revenue Leakages: Need to understand the possible reasons of losing business in market. If a particular product is not getting enough sales, then basis data, it can be interpreted that either product promotion is needed or need to cut down prices or modification in the product is required, etc.
- Helpful in Productivity and Efficiency: After finding the revenue leakages, productivity plays a very important role and efficiency is possible with putting the right thing at right place. Ultimate goal for any organisation is the optimal use of resources for maximum profit.
- Creation of New Business Model:This implies delivering value to customers, in economic, social and cultural perspective. It is about innovation and building revised business strategy.
- Resulting in Transformation of Business: It plays the key role to cope up with the changing environment.
Today, Mobile industry is in the similar phase in which Website industry was 15 years ago. High competition, huge demand and with immense scope of growth. The opportunity of starting with a Mobile Application is available for a small or medium sized business also, unlike websites.
It can be seen that there are only benefits to a Business in going for Digitalisation and especially if it is in the form of a Mobile Application, so that maximum people can access it. Mobile Application is possible in all the categories of a business, that is, Products or Services, Operations, Customer Service, Employees, Investment, etc. It can be said that for any business’s growth Mobile Application is a one stop solution. The most attractive advantage of a Mobile Application is that it builds loyal customer database.
Mobile Application should be attractive and should give a good experience to the audience after use. To get partnered with a Digital Marketing channel that holds an expertise in Mobile Application Development, which assures usage of latest and best technology, for better customer experience, which would help in improved operations and change in Organisational structure, if required.